Information for charities
Not yet registered?
Register your organisation
Need a volunteer?
Request a volunteer
Need more information?
Read about the iT4Communities process
See some real life case studies
Welcome to iT4Communities. We introduce charities, voluntary organisations and community groups needing help with IT-related projects to volunteer IT professionals.
Since 2002 we have provided over 2,500 VCOs with help, advice and guidance thanks to our network of over 7,500 volunteers and our team of project definers.
Our volunteers give £750,000 of support to UK charities every year, helping organisations to run efficiently, make good use of new technologies and free up staff time to deliver vital services to the communities across the UK.
Charities are often typecast in terms of their ability to operate effective IT systems. The work that Colin did for Brook has really challenged that stereotype
Wirral Brook Advisory Centre on the work of Colin Young
How it works
If you have identified an IT need we will:
- Talk to you in plain English about your requirements
- Describe your needs in technical terms to potential volunteers
- Provide advice about working with IT volunteers
- Offer support, advice and guidance throughout your project
- Help you celebrate a great result!
If you don't have an IT need at present feel free to register with us anyway. We'll send you a regular newsletter and you can request help at any time.
How much does it cost?
There is an £85 + VAT administration fee covering:
- 12 months registration and access to the iT4Communities volunteer network
- as many requests for IT volunteers in those 12 months as you need
- project help and end-to-end expert support from the iT4Communities team
If you have any queries please contact us