Information for volunteers
Ready to sign-up?
Register as a volunteer
Subscribe to our RSS feed
Need more information?
Am I a suitable volunteer?
See some example opportunities
What support can iT4C provide?
Search for a volunteer opportunity
Update your account details
Welcome to iT4Communities volunteer network where IT professionals donate their time, give generously of their skills and assist charities and community groups with IT projects. In the process they can improve their CVs and further their professional development.
We have been helping IT professionals to find suitable volunteering opportunities with charities and other VCOs since 2002.
Our volunteers give £0.5 million of support to UK charities every year, helping charities run efficiently, make good use of new technologies and freeing up charity staff time to deliver vital services to the UK community.
How iT4Communities works for volunteers
Volunteering through iT4Communities is a simple process:
He was incredibly helpful not only advising me on aspects I knew nothing about but also training me to have detailed knowledge about regular maintenance tasks for our small charity. Thanks very much for such a great service.
Little Angel Theatre commenting on volunteer Carl Bray
- Register as a volunteer.
- Sign in to the site and search for opportunities to volunteer.
- Alternatively subscribe to our RSS feed.
- Request contact details for any opportunities that interest you.
- You'll be e-mailed the phone number and e-mail address of the charity.
- Make contact with the charity and discuss whether you can help them. Agree to start only if everyone is happy.
- Work with the charity to complete their IT project.
- Celebrate a great piece of work!